Career Opportunities at CityClub
|Staff & Board|
|Jobs & Internships »|
Development Manager, Individuals (PDF description)
Position: Part time, exempt. Approximately 20 hours per week. Reports to Executive Director
Start Date: ASAP
Compensation: Starting salary is $22,000 to $25,000 per year DOE. Benefits include 10 days paid time off, monthly bus pass.
Lead CityClub’s individual membership and donor development efforts in partnership with CityClub’s Executive Director.
Individual Membership program -
- Develop annual plan for retention, recruitment, communications and stewardship of CityClub’s individual members program.
- Publish regular member enewsletters.
- Develop budget and track financial progress of individual member acquisition, retention, and communications. Analyze financial impact of new and renewing member strategies and implement acquisition strategies and tests based on analysis. Review potential member benefits to optimize efforts.
- Coordinate, manage, track, and evaluate all membership acquisition and renewal activities, such as new member acquisition mailings, renewal mailings, and special appeals in collaboration with the Membership & IT Coordinator.
- Manage and coordinate all Member Only events as part of membership program.
- Develop annual plan for retention, recruitment, communications and stewardship of CityClub’s donors.
- Develop budget and track financial progress of individual donations for annual plan, special campaigns and planned giving.
- Research and planning for planned giving program.
- Staff the Board Fund Development Committee.
- Serve on Committee for annual fundraising event.
- Manage Board giving.
- Publish regular donor enewsletters.
Required: Warm, enthusiastic, collaborative professional who enjoys handling many tasks at one time, shows initiative and is highly adaptive to change. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, strong orientation to detail, follow through and sensitivity and finesse in stewardship of donor relationships. Must have three years experience in development of individual donors, and two years experience or equivalent with the following: Word, Outlook, Excel, Explorer (Firefox and/or Safari a plus).
Preferred: Facility with Constant Contact and social media tools, familiarity with the Seattle philanthropic community.
Please email resume, cover letter and three references to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed until position is filled.
Volunteer & Internship Opportunities
See list below for current volunteer opportunities. Some are project or campaign specific, while others are ongoing. As always for each position there are many opportunities to connect with the CityClub network and build your network while helping CityClub achieve its misson. We also offer school credit for many positions. See below for more information!
If you are interested in volunteering with CityClub, please take a moment to fill out this application (PDF) and send it along with any other information we should know to CityClub@seattlecityclub.org Once we have your application, we will be in touch to talk about what opportunities we may have that match your available time and areas of interest.
If you are interested in volunteering with CityClub, please fill out our volunteer application (PDF) and send it to Trish Peeples at firstname.lastname@example.org. We always have many projects underway that can use a helping hand, and pride ourselves on being flexible and creating win win opportunities for people to get involved with our work. Tell us about your interest areas, availability and skills and we will work with you to find an opportunity that makes sense. Some examples include greeting guests at events, outreach for forums and initiatives, office work and online research. Please visit our volunteer page for more information or take a look at our current volunteers.
Assist communication and marketing departments with research, press relations, event outreach, membership, and fundraising support. Evaluate a current list of grant prospects and researching the foundations/organizations to see if CityClub’s programs fit within their giving guidelines. Develop a list of possible funders, deadlines, contacts and focus areas.
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone who would like to gain insight into working in a fast-paced community based non-profit organization. This is an unpaid position that offers hands-on opportunities working with the media, developing communication strategy and other areas as interested.
We are currently accepting applications - click here to read the complete job description. Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com